Monday 10 December 2012

Late Goals at Goodison


Some cracking results for the Goal List this weekend. We had a 4-2, a 3-2, a 4-1, three 2-2’s and three 3-1’s amongst others. Yet again there were plenty of opportunities in play and the purpose of this post is simply to highlight the Everton/Spurs game.

Everton v Tottenham (2-1)

This match which was 0-0 at Half Time and the more attentive followers might have seen me discussing this match with @iFootballTIPS on twitter, for those that didn’t our brief chat can be seen below.


As you can see, Ronnie (@iFootballTIPS) certainly knows his stuff and between us we pretty much cracked this game. As it goes my correct score trade mentioned in the picture ended in only a small profit. I was able to remove all my liability by laying 0-0 right down to 2.70 whilst staying within my strict loss limit. Unfortunately the goals came just too late to trade out of the 2-2 or 3-1 I had dutched for a nice profit. Hey ho. What's more important to me is that we called it right. I haven’t spoken to Ronnie since the game but I’ve no doubts he traded his plan and came away with a nice healthy green. Check out his blog!

Of course some people will say that the late flurry of goals was a random occurrence and I had a lucky escape in this trade. The fact is a football match is 90 minutes long, and it only takes a second to score a goal. For me there were three very clear pointers towards late goal(s) in this match.

  1. It was 0-0 after 70 minutes and I know that 97.3% of Goal List selections have featured at least one goal. 
  2. My pre game research and the knowledge of trends involving both teams this season clearly showed goals were more likely to come in the second half
  3. Further knowledge of Everton’s tendency to score late goals coupled with AVB’s curious approach to substitutions late in games when his Tottenham side have been leading this season. If all the matches finished on 80 minutes this season Spurs would be top of the Premier League.

Taking the above three points into account I was very confident in the outcome of this match, although it must be said I certainly didn’t anticipate the goals coming quite as late as the 90th and 92nd minute!

There was one other fixture which deserves a special mention, E. Frankfurt v W. Bremen (4-1).
This Goal List match was also 0-0 at Half Time meaning under 2.5 and 3.5 were most certainly available to lay at basement prices and judging by the messages I received on twitter plenty of people did just that. Goals came on 47’, 54’, 62’, 63’ and 90’. Job done.

There are no selections this week, Tuesday-Thursday but I am aiming to write at least one more post over the coming days highlighting some key trends in the Goal List results which you will definitely find useful. So be sure to keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment